Posted the 16th day of February in 2011 by Riley.
The inPulse company has just launched their first new watch. It features a fully customizable OLED display. You can interface with the watch via Bluetooth and change just about anything you want on this watch. You can make your own custom face fo it. And it can interact with most any cell phone. This watch has an SDK that allows programmers to add any kind of app to the watch. It seems like a very innovative idea. Right now there's a few apps to choose from, and more will be added over time. There's already an iTunes app. They have a reasonable retail price of $149 USD and are on sale now.
- 1.3" 96×128 pix full color OLED display
- ARM7 microcontroller running at 52MHz
- 32kB total program space, 8kB RAM
- Bluetooth 2.1 (L2CAP)
- Over-the-air programming
- Vibrating motor
- 150mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Charges via microUSB
- Battery lasts up to 4 days depending on display/Bluetooth use