Apple unveiled their new watch today. This is their first attempt at releasing a smartwatch. There's three version to choose from: Watch, Watch Sport and Watch Edition. The touch sensor features new technology that can distinguish between a light tap and a deep press, and trigger instant access to a range of contextually specific controls.
- Retina display with Ion-X glass.
- Glances. It's gives you scan-able summaries of the information you seek out most frequently. To see them, you simply swipe up from your watch face.
- Real-time notifications for incoming mail, messages, and calls.
- Siri is built-in.
- Taptic Engine, a linear actuator inside Apple Watch that produces haptic feedback (taps your skin).
- Heart rate sensor
- New charger with MagSafe technology.
The new Apple Watch has received mixed responses so far. It will be interesting to see how this plays out once they are released in the wild.